Thursday, January 30, 2014

SQL Server Developer

I finally was able to install SQL Server Developer onto my pc after having to clear a bunch of stuff in order for it to fit on the ssd.

One thing that I forgot to do was to save my test database, but no biggy, it will only take 2 minutes to create and add a few values.  Good practice anyhow!

I currently only have TSQL2012 database on the server, and need to add the modifications that they made to use in the book.

Going to do homework for the next hour or so, then try to work through lesson 3 of chapter 5 one more time so that I can have an even more solid grip on the OVER and PARTITION clauses.

One last note has to do with visual studio… it was installed when I installed my developer version of SQL, I watched a few novice videos on youtube that used it, and it was very cool!  It's neat to see how everything can come together!

Cheers, will be posting homework answers before to long.

No comments:

Post a Comment