Monday, January 13, 2014

Busy weekend, and thoughts on SSC posts

Have not blogged in a few days, as it was a busy weekend full of work functions, and baptisms.

Now the coast is finally clear for me to work through these chapters without any distractions.  Finally getting through the exercises in chapter four tonight and tomorrow morning.  Need to stick to a routine so that I'm able to bust through these things.

My posts at SSC have been interesting lately.  Interesting because I seem to be posting elementary questions that I could just as easily look up as I could ask someone.  However, one of my most current posts was in regards to a definition that I looked up and still didn't understand.  The technical vernacular in these text books is sometimes very difficult to understand, so I reach out to the forum for a "translation".  I wasn't scolded for my question, but more so redirected to another reference site (books online), which as it turns out is an amazing tool.  One of the comments which definitely made me think was something to the affect of "I don't want to explain this to you so that you can regurgitate it and pass the cert test.... I want to frame your thought process in the correct way so that you're able to problem solve, and become a 'SQL Ninja'".  That wasn't verbatim, but close enough.  It made me think because I know for sure I was in the regurgitation mode during my first try at the test.  This time being more deliberate, I'm understanding much clearer, and hopefully will do better.  So although my question posted at the forum might not have aligned with my enlightened "process led" mind, I believe the answer it summoned illuminated my path to a higher understanding.

Cheers til' next time

No comments:

Post a Comment