Monday, April 7, 2014

Updating HW sets

I haven't written for a while because I continue to work through the homework sets, specifically the ones that I posted on chapters 6-10 (even though I haven't even written HW for chapters 9 and 10 at this point).  My main focus has been on the XML part of it, because while I previously had been working with a lot of element centric xml, the HW that I posted contained an element/attribute combination.  This totally through me for a loop... I was having a hard time remember how to find a value in XML that was an attribute, but the more I worked on it I began to remember that attributes are the easy ones because they are always in quotes, and can be queried by "@"!  Once I figured that out everything made a lot more sense, but it did take me a number of trips through the book, as well as a post on SSC.

Anyways, that's my update, more posts as soon as I get through my self prescribed HW set!  I think I'll spend time tomorrow during the day doing chapter 4, I'm also going to hold my self accountable by posting the HW that I do from chapter 4 on here tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment