Friday, April 25, 2014

SQL Saturday Chicago begins tomorrow!

After rearranging my schedule I'll be attending SQL Saturday 291... CHICAGO STYLE!  I'm excited for this because with a lot of stuff going on right now, I wouldn't say that my studies have been lacking, but more or less stalled.  I think that's a perception thing on my part because I think about my progression towards passing this exam as an exercise of 'doing' but the last few chapters have been more or less 'absorbing'.  Understanding concepts, nailing down definitions, but not the 'rada-tap-tap' on the keyboard that I'm used to.

I've given thought to reading the rest of the book through one time, then going back and revisiting things that I either need to learn more about or need to remind myself of.

As of now, I'm reading through chapter 13 that I understand fairly well.  Implementing stored procs is really my bread and butter on this exam since that is mostly what my development background has taught me how to do.  A quick glance through this, and then on to chapter 14 in which I'm very eager to learn about query performance tuning.

Cheers all, I'll take a pic of SQL Saturday tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment