Thursday, February 6, 2014

Training Kit Errata

Well, I've knew that there were errors in this book mainly from a few of the quizzes given at the end of lessons that had the incorrect letter, but correct answers on them, but just as a reminder there are A LOT more errors than I would've imagined for such a precise publication.  Training Kit Errata is a reminder of the errors noted by others, and is important to look at when executing some of the written procedures in the book.

Another useful link is here which gives you the necessary source code to work through all of the chapters, and exercises in book.

I never knew this existed until now!.. kind of a bummer because I've been reading the book, following along and writing out what the book has written verbatim…. oh well it's a good way to keep me engaged.

I write this today at the end of a very long day because chapter 6 has to do with full text querying (finding text within a file) and the exercises require documents that were supposed to be on the training kit cd but were not, thus I have provided the explanation and resolution in this blog post… until tomorrow!  Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment