Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Keep practicing even when studying new material

Again, just like the post says I think it's EXTREMELY important to keep practicing things that I've learned even though I am moving onto chapter 6.  Looking over the homework that I've posted thus far I believe that the oldest homework to date only goes back to chapter 3 (out of 6, that's kind of funny).  However, there has been a TON of content covered in those three chapters, so it's a must to get good at them.

Each day I am going to make an effort to do some type of practicing as well as advance my studies in another area.  Here is the practice for today, it comes from chapter 3 I believe... something I haven't thought about for a few weeks:

Use hr.employees table in TSQL2012

Find all employees that were born after 1963

Born before 1963

Born between Feb. 1 1965 and today

Find employees who's first name starts with 'D' and is born after 1960

Create column "astrology", sort employees, if they are born in months Jan-Jun label them "libra" in 'astrology' column, if born between July-December "taurus"

Answers have already been posted for this... it takes discipline to keep problems like such relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment