Thursday, March 6, 2014

Chapter 8, Creating and Altering Tables

I've dug into chapter 8 more heavily lately, mainly reading the chapter over once quickly, letting the ideas melt in my head, then twice to understand in more detail the objective of the chapter... and finally a third time to understand the exercises and try them myself.

Today I'll be completing the "suggested practice" at the end of chapter in which I'll need to know how to create tables, alter tables/columns, create constraints, and transfer columns (there are probably a few more things in there too).

I find it's almost more difficult to study chapters like 6 and 8 because working on them in TSQL is more difficult.  It's more like you need to understand the syntax and know how to write it, but more so WHY you would need to utilize these things.  I'll post some info on chapter 8 in my next post.  Hopefully I'll be completing the practice today at lunch, then again this evening when I get home.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment